- Fun and impressive circus tricks with a range of props
- Individual activities
- Partner and group tricks
- Learn at your own pace
- Focus on the circus toys you love
- Feel awesome when you master the skills!
- Learn how to make your own props to further develop your skills at home.
Duration: 60-120min classes. Shorter sessions for multi-activity bookings, eg. Fun Day
Space required: Indoor hall, community room or large classroom with furniture removed. Outdoor space is suitable for some activities. Small gymnastics mats are required for acrobalance.
Equipment: Small gymnastics mats are required for acrobalance. We provide all the other equipment.
Group size: Up to 25. Larger groups will require 2 FunFit teachers
Ages: Kinder to Year 12
What to wear: Comfortable clothing
What to bring: A water bottle and your clown persona if you have one!
Cost: From $225
All classes are run by qualified instructors who hold a current Working With Children check. FunFit have Public Liability insurance.
Our circus classes develop the following fundamental areas:
- motor skills
- core stability
- muscular endurance and strength
- cardiovascular fitness
- body awareness
- creativity and expression
- performance skill
- Involves keeping 2 or more objects in the air at a time
- Improves concentration
- Increases hand-eye coordination
- Learn the fundamental skills behind juggling
- We use both colourful juggling balls and juggling scarves.
- More than just spinning a hula hoop on your waist!
- Learn multiple tricks with the hoop on and off the body
- Try our professional circus hoops
- Builds fitness and coordination
- Gives your abdominal muscles a great workout!
- Learn how to get the plate spinning on the stick
- Be challenged with a range of tricks to try whilst spinning the plate
- Work individually and with a partner or group
- Improves fine motor skills and concentration.
- An adaptation of the Maori Poi Dance in New Zealand
- This prop is like a ball in a long sock and you hold one in each hand
- Learn to swing them around in graceful patterns
- Learn individual and partner skills
- Combine the skills into a sequence.
- Work with a partner or group to form fun balances
- Learn partner counter-weight balances
- Experience more complex group balances, eg. human pyramids
- Encourages teamwork, trust, confidence and communication.
- A diabolo looks like two cones joined at their points
- You hold two sticks joined together with string and spin the diablo on the string
- Learn to spin, throw and catch the diablo plus other cool tricks!
- Recommended for ages 8+.
- A martial-arts based prop that is also a fire spinning prop
- Don’t worry, we don’t teach kids how to spin with fire!
- Learn different ways of spinning the staff while holding it
- Balance the staff on different body parts
- Develops coordination, strength, motor skills and balance.
- Anyone can be a clown, you don’t need to have a painted face and fuzzy hair
- Learn about character development
- Play drama / physical theatre games
- Let your individual personality come out and play
- Develop creativity and confidence
- Prepare to giggle a lot!
Active Bodies, Healthy Lifestyle
We believe it is important to increase the awareness of a healthy body and active lifestyle at the grassroots level and allow students to express themselves creatively through discovering new individual activities that work for them.Contact Us